Sunday, May 19, 2013

Leavenworth Row Quilt

I treated myself to a vacation last October and attended a quilt retreat in Leavenworth Washington.  I bought three projects to work on.  The retreat was fantastic, the ladies wonderful and the setting beautiful.  I combined it with a trip to visit my son and was gone for 12 days.  By the time I got home I was exhausted and had three incomplete tops.  I then had a flare up of my disease and was on the couch for three months.  I did not start quilting again until this April and vowed to get all my UFO's done, I had counted them up and had seven, count them seven, which for me is a lot.  I have since finished five and four you have read about in previous posts.

This quilt is number 5 and very special.  I participated in the row exchange at the retreat and this is the finished quilt.  My row is second from the bottom and my theme was the ocean.  I hate to brag but I think I got the prettiest rows and they all go so well together,  I arranged them so you went from the ocean bottom to the seashore.  It is hanging in a place of honor in my living room (I really do need to get quilt hangers). 

No comments:

Post a Comment