Saturday, September 6, 2014
I got my star top finished!!! Thanks so much to Sister Susan for the idea for the blocks, they finished at 16 inch square. I really wanted to use all fabrics from Betty' stash. Half the blocks were made from triangles she had already cut and the other half from fabric in her stash. I used all the rest of the blues to make a pieced back. I used all the cream fabric she had but ran out, sigh, so I did have to buy more background fabric. Kona snow matched and I used a yard and three quarters to finish the squares, the smashing and the borders. The layout is my design and am so pleased with how it turned out. I was going to donate to Quilts of Valor, but may give to a Vet that I know. HVE not really decided. I will post a picture of the finished quilt. Need to finished the quilt on "Baby" before I can load this one.
Thursday, September 4, 2014
I have not been at my machines in ages!!!!! Sister Sue came a couple of weeks ago and we loaded one of her quilts on Baby the longarm and got it half done. It jump started me, I got that quilt finished, loaded a clients quilt and got that done and now have another UFO loaded and have it a third of the way finished. In the meantime I have been piecing another quilt. I think this one will go to quilts of valor. I am Using material from my Betty stash and here's a picture of what I have done so far. The blocks are 16.5 inches!!!!! It feels good to be sewing again!