Monday, April 15, 2013

Quilting class bag "The Queen Bee Bag"

Here in the Santa Ynez Valley we have a wonderful Quilt Shop, the Creation Station, http://www.thecreationstation.com/.  On the first Wednesday of every month the Valley Bees meet there and on the third Monday they have an open sew.  The space is large and airy, with plenty of tables and irons.  This year they are having wonderful classes and I have signed up for three.  My problem has always been getting all my stuff there.  First solution was to buy a Singer Featherweight, that is another whole post!  I came across this wonderful pattern at Moda Bake Shop called "The Queen Bee Bag" http://www.modabakeshop.com/search/label/Bags%20and%20Totes  It went together even more quickly than the instructions as I used strips of fabric instead of a layer cake.  It was wonderful to be able to use up fabric left over from other quilts.  It did end up being heavier than I thought and the straps are to long for me,   I am 5'3.  However I love it and I can fit all my stuff in it and have only two things to carry.  Caution - don't fill it to full or it becomes to heavy.
And here i is Front
The Back
The inside

1 comment: