Saturday, September 6, 2014

Top Finished, no name yet

I got my star top finished!!!  Thanks so much to Sister Susan for the idea for the blocks, they finished at 16 inch square.  I really wanted to use all fabrics from Betty' stash.  Half the blocks were made from triangles she had already cut and the other half from fabric in her stash.  I used all the rest of the blues to make a pieced back.  I used all the cream fabric she had but ran out, sigh, so I did have to buy more background fabric.  Kona  snow matched and I used a yard and three quarters to finish the squares, the smashing and the borders.  The layout is my design and am so pleased with how it turned out.  I was going to donate to Quilts of Valor, but may give to a Vet that I know.  HVE not really decided.  I will post a picture of the finished quilt.  Need to finished the quilt on "Baby" before I can load this one.