Sunday, July 7, 2013

"Wind Over Water" a quilt for Patricia

I can not believe that this quilt is done!!!  It has been over a year, the longest I have worked on a quilt.  I learned MANY lessons while I worked on the quilt.  Always use the same 1/4 inch foot from start to finish.  My BIg Shot from Sizzix makes making half square triangles a breeze.  Using a walking foot to make the HST is critical to a square finished product.  Thank goodness I love my sister so much or I would never have undertaken this project.  When I first started I was so bored with the monotone colors and I must admit they are not my cup of tea, but, this is what Pat wanted so this is what I did.  I like the finished product and I think it suits Pat.  This is a queen sized quilt 80 x 90.  Now just to make a label and get it delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment